FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where is your course approved in Canada?
Our course certificates are recognized by all health departments in all Canadian provinces. As evidence of this, please refer to the provincial links on our homepage.
2. Is the live proctored online exam included in the course fee?
Yes! Our course is a complete certification solution. The final exam may be taken online anytime within the 30-day enrollment period. No scheduling necessary! One final exam attempt is included in the course cost. Retests are extra.
3. What score do I need on the final exam to pass the course?
A score of at least 70% on the final exam is necessary to pass the course and receive your certificate.
4. What if I don't pass the final exam?
If you achieve a score of less than 70% on the final exam, one re-test is available for a charge of $20. If you require this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
5. How long is the certification valid?
Certificates issued by FoodSafetyTraining.ca are valid for 5 years.
6. After passing the course, when do I get my certificate?
Upon successful completion of the exam, two(2) sizes of Food Handler Certificates - one wallet-card size and one A4 size - will be ready for immediate download. These certificates are to be self-printed by students and can be printed as many times as students wish. Our certificates are not mailed to students.
7. How long does the online course take to finish?
The course will take approximately 6 hours to complete. You have up to 30 days to finish the course and final exam.
8. Are course materials mailed to students?
All course materials are provided online and are posted within the course. Nothing needs to be mailed. You can start right away once enrolled.
9. What are the minimum computer hardware/software requirements needed to run the course and exam?
Course material may be reviewed on any Internet-connected device with a web browser. Only the final exam portion must be completed on desktop or laptop with a webcam and microphone enabled. For the smoothest experience, the final exam should be taken using Chrome or Firefox. Other browsers are not recommended.
10. What happens if a student is suspected of violating the security of the online exam?
Our partner online proctor service has the ability to halt and/or cancel the exam anytime. If suspected cheating is observed, the proctor will halt the exam and issue a warning. If the warning is ignored, the exam will be cancelled. Cancelled exams will result in immediate failure and will be at the expense of the student. In case-by-case situations, a student may be granted a retest, with the cost of the retest being covered by the student.
11. Will my final exam score be kept confidential?
We respect our student's privacy. Your exam results will only be released to you, any sponsoring organization (if applicable), your local health department, and your provinical Ministry of Health, as required.